Thursday 9 March 2017

Public transport better than a Porsche

I had to laugh when I came face to face with the new Stadtbus Winterthur advert from ZVV this morning. It is comparing the city buses to a drive in a car with both class and speed. And you know, these buses are so slick and so quick that the claim is spot on. The bus lane and bus favouring traffic lights means that our bus goes whizzing past the queues of traffic at rush hour. Which is how it should be.

I can literally step out of my door at 8am in the morning after seeing the girls off to school and be entering the classroom of my Migroschule Deutschkurs half an hour later at 8.30 when my class begins. I could never, ever do that in my home country. It really is amazing. I am a huge, huge fan of the public transport system here - it just WORKS. Bravo ZVV!

No comments:

Post a Comment