Sunday 27 May 2018

Totoro and a Satch Spray Day

We went along to a Satch (Swiss creator of all things to do with rucksacks and pencil cases) Spray Day at Büro Schoch in Marktgasse in Winti yesterday. My daughter Poppy had saved up her pocket money to spend 20fr – yes, 20fr – on a Satch pencil case and have it personalised for free by an in-store ‘graffiti artist’ I do find 20fr a little pricey for a pencil case but, as is always the case, if my children want to spend their own money on something creative then I am a big softy.

So we seated ourselves at the artist’s bench yesterday morning and rifled through examples of his previous artwork for ideas. We were a little uninspired by what was there but fortunately we had a few ideas of our own, downloaded on t’internet, mainly focused on Totoro, our favourite ever Studio Ghibli movie character. I showed the artist an example on my phone, which he took out of my hand, gave a nod (he was a man of very few words) and got on with the job in hand.

Poppy was very pleased with the result and can’t wait to show it off at school. Best of all, it didn’t cost me a penny, a rare and welcome treat these days J

No comments:

Post a Comment